Signs of Rising Damp
- Posted by:
- Signs of Rising Damp
- Posted date:
Signs of Rising Damp
A complete damp inspection is important to guarantee that your property is in its best condition. This inspects the surfaces of your building or house structure.
If you think that your property is free from rising damp, think twice because what you see might be deceiving you. Only when you ask an expert to focus on the problem can you truly see the real situation.
Any sign that pertains to rising damp problem must be observed within a given period of time. This will determine if the problem really exists. After identifying the problem, you can come up with effective counteractions to address it.
Preventing the problem can be done in many ways. For the best outcome, you may seek the help of professionals to assist you in providing a solution to the problem. You can save money for the repair expenses once you are able to find yourself a credible group of people to help you.
Being familiar with the signs of rising damp is one of the best ways in preventing the problem.
Check to see if you see any of the following signs below at home:
- Rotting of floor flashboard. One of the most obvious signs for rising damp is when you notice that there is a decay on the flashboard of your flooring. You may think that this may due to the shelf life of your floor. This is one of the major signs which can result in collapse.
- Peeling wallpaper and paint. Have you noticed that the paint or wallpaper is starting to peel? Or is the wallpaper's lower portion near your flooring is starting to curve? You can suspect that these are signs of rising damp.
- Staining and discoloration on the walls. Discoloration and staining of the wall are indications that rising damp. This occurs due to the moisture or salt.
- Deposits on the floor. Salts are also an obvious sign of rising damp. This is because of decomposition caused by the evaporating moisture.
- Moulds on the furniture and walls. Your walls and furniture are not free from the signs of rising damp. This shows that dampness is actually affecting your area.
- Rusting steel. You also have to locate signs to your belongings which are made of steel. This is because it is prone to rust when there is moisture around the area.
- Musty smell. Are you are familiar with the usual smell of your building? It will be easy for you to determine damp from the musty smell inside your home.
Do you have a damp problem?